Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Song For Today




I've been repeatedly inspired by this song we sing in church a lot. I thought I'd post this today because It has been a great reminder for me of the life we were designed to live. This song brings to light the social injustice of our world & our responsibility to "GIVE with the life we've been GIVEN & go BEYOND religion to see the world be changed". I try to listen to it every day. I send thanks to Josh Bronleewee for introducing me to it AND for telling me that the piano in the intro was played by Lincoln's grandmother & the heartbeat in the intro was that of Lincoln's unborn child from an early ultrasound. I love hearing about the inspiration behind an amazing song. Every line of this song melts my heart and brings OUR true purpose to the forefront of my mind. How blessed am I today? Very. 


If you'd like to sample the song before purchasing it in iTunes, you can see parts of it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CEfrzTN28o . But I recommend spending the 99 cents. :) Enjoy.


The Power Of Your Name 
written by Lincoln Brewster & Mia Fields


Surely children weren't made for the streets
And Fathers were not made to leave
Surely this isn't how it should be
Let your kingdom come


Surely nations were not made for war
Or the broken meant to be ignored
Surely this couldn't be what You saw
Let Your kingdom come
Here in my heart

And I will live to carry your compassion
To love a world that's broken
To be your hands and feet
And I will give with the life that I've been given
And go beyond religion to see the world be changed
By the power of Your Name

Surely life wasn't made to regret
And the lost were not made to forget
Surely faith without action is dead
Let Your Kingdom come
Lord break this heart

Jesus Your Name
Is a shelter for the hurting
Your Name
Is a refuge the weak
Only Your Name
Can take the undeserving
Jesus Your Name
Holds everything I need

No comments: